[Moon-Net] GPS timing for computers

PETER HUTCHISON peter.hutchison at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 16 20:30:59 CET 2016

Have been racking my brain cell here and also looking back through the Moon-Net archives for information on a stand-alone unit that you can plug into a computer and that will lock the internal clock to a GPS signal. There was some correspondence about these units sometime ago but I cannot find it.
Can anyone remember what the module was called? I've done some internet searching and I think that it was called a 'GlobalSat BU-353' but I cannot be certain.
Can anyone confirm (or not) that this is the unit in question and if so does it work well enough for EME purposes?
Thanks, Peter G4URT