[Moon-Net] WR75 - WR90 transistion

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Wed Nov 16 19:43:09 CET 2016

Bill,

Certainly easier with 3-D printer than milling
one.  I made a transition from WR430 to WR340
back in 1971 at Goldstone to run an oven maggy
thru our std wg measurement gear (2.2-GHz).  From
memory it was an intermediate step 1/4 guide-WL
long and bolted in between the two sections of
wg.  I drew up the dimensions and had our master machinist make it.

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 08:42 AM 11/16/2016, Bill Koch wrote:

>Is this something that some entrepreneurial ham
>could make with a 3D printer?  I’ve never used one, so I don’t know.
>It would need to be plated, etc., but I would
>think that the firm that makes the 17dB WR90
>horn that is sold for US$30+/- has solved the
>plating issue.  I looked long and hard to find
>a reasonably priced transition and I’d take a
>couple more.  I’ve seen others ask about them
>as well. Â Opportunity for someone?
>
>73
>
>Bill W2RMA

73, Ed - KL7UW