[Moon-Net] K3 with external transverter

Richard Lawn rjlawn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:58:16 CET 2016

I recently acquired a K3 and am comparing it to other radios I have on the
shelf. I attached a down converter to the KXV3 IF input in an effort to try
and see how it performed first as a downlink receiver for satellites. I
find the K3 manual a bit confusing regarding the proper menu configuration.
Their are 3 settings - not installed, on and Test. The manual seems to
suggest that Test is the best option to activate the KXV3 for transverter
use. When I selected "on" I didn't see to hear any signals using either the
2 m or 70 cm down converter.

I know some of you are using the K3 for eme so I thought someone might
clarify the proper setup.

Rick, W2JAZ

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile