[Moon-Net] Maybe my soundcard has a noise problem?

Leif Asbrink leif at sm5bsz.com
Mon Nov 14 07:13:08 CET 2016

Hello Mark,

What you use for output does not matter at all.

If you use soundcard for input (IQ+, Softrock,WSE,...)
it does not matter for sensitivity. You might need some more
RF gain to overcome the noise and that would degrade
the dynamic range. As long as you do not get dynamic range
problems all soundcards are fine as long as they do not
give glitches or other problems.

Please note that glitches may not be audible unless you have
a very strong pure signal present, but they could degrade
the performance for digital modes by degrading the timing.

73

Leif