[Moon-Net] Geometric (Spatial) polarization calculator?

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Fri Nov 11 23:51:46 CET 2016

Bob,

I would suggest EMEPlanner from VK3UM(sk).  After entering your home
station location, enter station to work and check "Spacial Offset"
Tab.  Then enter country name of dx station then click dx selection
and select the dx callsign.  Then select the Tab for spacial
offset.  You can shift from current time to see the shift in angle.

73, Ed

\At 10:20 AM 11/11/2016, Bob Atkins wrote:

>boundary="_000_DM5PR14MB1755C540FA6CA66DCCD430AAE7BB0DM5PR14MB1755namp_"
>
>Is there a program which will show the geometric (spatial)
>polarization rotation between two stations and allow you to
>easily  go forward and backward in time to see how it changes?  I
>know WSJT does the calculation at the current time. EMECalc SkyMap
>allows you to scroll backwards and forwards in time, but only shows
>moon data (alt/ez etc.) for the home station. I saw a reference
>somewhere that said EMECalc displays spatial polarization, but if it
>does I haven't found it.
>

>The Astronomical Data window of WSJT does display the info but I
>don't see any easy way to scroll backwards and forwards in time like
>you can in the EMECalc Skymap.
>

>What would be really nice would be a map of the world you could
>click on to set your location and which would then calculate a
>contour (color coded?) map showing spatial polarization across the
>hemisphere that could see the moon - and shift backwards and
>forwards in time -  but that's almost certainly wishing for too much!
>

>Bob
>
>KA1GT

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com