[Moon-Net] Geometric (Spatial) polarization calculator?

Roger Rehr W3SZ w3sz73 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 22:04:41 CET 2016

Hi Curt:

For a given station the Polar Offset is related to both Az and El of the
moon and station Latitude by the equation:

P = arctg((sinLat*cosEl-cosLat*cosAz*sinEl)/cosLat*sinAz)

Geometric Spatial Offset for 2 stations is just P1-P2 where P1 is the
offset of one station and P2 is that of the other.

All of this is in the excellent talk given by IK1UWL and IK3TV at the
superb EME2016 near Venice.  The formula is on page 8 of the slides at:
http://www.eme2016.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/EME-2016-IK1UWL-IK3XTV-Presentation.pdf
and the formula is on page 11 of the proceedings which are at:
http://www.eme2016.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/EME-2016-Complete-Proceedings.pdf

73,
Roger Rehr
W3SZ