[Moon-Net] Geometric (Spatial) polarization calculator?

Bob Atkins ka1gt at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 20:20:06 CET 2016

Is there a program which will show the geometric (spatial) polarization rotation between two stations and allow you to easily  go forward and backward in time to see how it changes?  I know WSJT does the calculation at the current time. EMECalc SkyMap allows you to scroll backwards and forwards in time, but only shows moon data (alt/ez etc.) for the home station. I saw a reference somewhere that said EMECalc displays spatial polarization, but if it does I haven't found it.

The Astronomical Data window of WSJT does display the info but I don't see any easy way to scroll backwards and forwards in time like you can in the EMECalc Skymap.

What would be really nice would be a map of the world you could click on to set your location and which would then calculate a contour (color coded?) map showing spatial polarization across the hemisphere that could see the moon - and shift backwards and forwards in time -  but that's almost certainly wishing for too much!

Bob

KA1GT