[Moon-Net] Moon spotting and antenna alignment

serge ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Thu Nov 10 15:58:43 CET 2016

Good morning Rick
Get yourself a camera. Here I use gutted  camper's flash light to hold the camera in . Run 12VDC to it!! You may have 12VDC already for your relays or preamp!! run an extension to the camera if you do.
Once you have your camera set up in the MIDDLE of your crossboom & you have calibrated your antenna on the moon then pick out a spot to the EAST like a power pole or a light & read the AZ & make a note of it. Then go the WEST & do the same thing. Then you will be able to RE CALIBRATE your Antenna even if you do not see the moon.
Good luck Rick
Serge VE1KG