[Moon-Net] Moon spotting and antenna alignment

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 13:12:56 CET 2016

Rick. most of us use sun noise for az and el calibration.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 11/9/2016 10:25:49 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rjlawn at gmail.com writes:

Since my antennas are on my roof it is difficult for me to know  precisely
if I'm pointing correctly with the Yaesu 5400 rotor. I can't trust  myself
to get on the roof in the middle of the night though I suppose I could  when
the moon is visible in the daylight. I'm not sure though if I adjusted
things they would hold position for the next days and months. Should I figure
out a way to put some sort of camera on the boom - WIFI, USB? USB would not
work because it would exceed 16 feet by quite a bit to get it in the shack.
Suggestions for this newbie would be appreciated as so far all I'm hearing
seems to be local tropo.

Rick,  W2JAZ