[Moon-Net] Moon spotting and antenna alignment

Mary Brown maryalanab at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:42:36 CET 2016

Standard security camera that is wired…

From: moon-net-bounces at mailman.pe1itr.com [mailto:moon-net-bounces at mailman.pe1itr.com] On Behalf Of Richard Lawn
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 10:25 PM
To: moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com
Subject: [Moon-Net] Moon spotting and antenna alignment

Since my antennas are on my roof it is difficult for me to know precisely if I'm pointing correctly with the Yaesu 5400 rotor. I can't trust myself to get on the roof in the middle of the night though I suppose I could when the moon is visible in the daylight. I'm not sure though if I adjusted things they would hold position for the next days and months. Should I figure out a way to put some sort of camera on the boom - WIFI, USB? USB would not work because it would exceed 16 feet by quite a bit to get it in the shack. Suggestions for this newbie would be appreciated as so far all I'm hearing seems to be local tropo.

Rick, W2JAZ

---