[Moon-Net] Moon spotting and antenna alignment

Richard Lawn rjlawn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:24:51 CET 2016

Since my antennas are on my roof it is difficult for me to know precisely
if I'm pointing correctly with the Yaesu 5400 rotor. I can't trust myself
to get on the roof in the middle of the night though I suppose I could when
the moon is visible in the daylight. I'm not sure though if I adjusted
things they would hold position for the next days and months. Should I
figure out a way to put some sort of camera on the boom - WIFI, USB? USB
would not work because it would exceed 16 feet by quite a bit to get it in
the shack. Suggestions for this newbie would be appreciated as so far all
I'm hearing seems to be local tropo.

Rick, W2JAZ