[Moon-Net] Elevation Angle Sensor

Allan Downie vk4eme at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 9 23:46:09 CET 2016

Hi Cowles,

I have been using one on my 16x15 70cm array for a couple of years now.
No issues at all with 15meters of CAT5, still the original CR2032 cell.
I have no noise on receive and no problem with TX RF interfering with it
and it updates immediately.

I should say however my antenna is rear mounted to enable polarity
rotation and consequently the sensor is mounted behind the array. On the
experience of others, it may be that it is more suited for use on a dish
or rear mounted yagis, out of the near field.

Give it a go mate, It's cheap enough that if it doesn't work out, it has
plenty of other uses around the workshop.

Cheers,

Allan
VK4EME

On 11/10/2016 3:34 AM, Cowles Andrus III K4EME wrote:

> There has been many discussions on Moonnet on elevation angle sensors.
>
> I was thinking about getting the *Machine DRO Model ME-AN-REM-PEN* to
> give me some elevation feedback on my small dish during overcast
> conditions.
>
> Part # 5055396108576
>
> This unit come with what looks like a 3 foot Ethernet cable, and
> appears to have a RJ45 M type connector on each end.
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible to use a 80 foot cable with
> this sensor?
>
> Has anyone used this sensor, and if so, how well does it work?
>
> Price is low so it make me wonder.
>
> Thank you & 73!
>
> Cowles K4EME
>
> --
> Home page: http://cowlesradio.webs.com/
> 432 MHz ExtrEMEly Low Noise Preamp for sale:
> http://cowlesradio.webs.com/drrf.html

---