[Moon-Net] Elevation Angle Sensor

Simon Lewis gm4plm at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:51:05 CET 2016

Conrad – that’s interesting device

Whats the resolution on it?

Thanks

Simon

From: Conrad PA5Y<mailto:g0ruz at g0ruz.com>
Sent: Thursday, 10 November 2016 10:37 AM
To: moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com<mailto:moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com>
Subject: Re: [Moon-Net] Elevation Angle Sensor

I found exactly the same as Simon. Furthermore when the battery is not optimum the unit generates noise on 2m. I had a screened metal case and 25m of CAT6 cable with screened connectors. I am now using one of these:

http://ea4tx.com/elevation-inclinometer/

It is superb, no disturbance with QRO and absolutely no noise. I recommend it for any system that uses an ADC input. When I eventually get going on microwave EME with a dish I will probably use a pulse counter based system like everyone else. Unlike Sam I did not experience slow acquisition times.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y