[Moon-Net] Elevation Angle Sensor

Simon Lewis gm4plm at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:06:43 CET 2016

I have used one of these on my VHF array.

I extended the cable using screened CAT cable to the shack – about 30m

While I was happy with the display itself but the thing was an exercise in frustration.

It does not like high RF fields and no matter what I did in screening the thing in a box, screened cables etc, earthing – it would loose display on TX.

On 144 this was ok as I just moved the array in rx.

Sometimes this RF problem would ‘wipe’ the readout position and I would have to drop the elevator to 0 deg and reset the EL read out.

I went back to use my pulse counter on the screwjack – much more reliable.

YMMV but mines in a box unused now

Cheers

Simon