[Moon-Net] 2M antenna matching Data

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Tue Nov 8 18:56:07 CET 2016

Here is a tip for cutting phasing lines with adequate accuracy for 2m.

Presumably we all have a long piece of metal tubing.

In my case I wanted lines of 4m long so I put the N type on one end of the cable and slid a washer over the cable so that the connector could not go into the 4m long piece of tubing that I had. Put the coax into the tubing, pull the cable tight so that the connector is right up against the washer and the washer is up against the end of the tube. With the cable under tension cut the cable at the opposite end of the cable. Be careful that you fit the connectors using the same dimensions after you have cut and you will be within a few degrees at 2m. I did 8 cables this way and the total spread measured on an R&S VNA was 2.6 degrees.

More than good enough.

Regards
Conrad PA5Y