[Moon-Net] Fwd: TS-2000X Question

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Nov 7 11:01:00 CET 2016

Paul,

I have never used a TS2000 so what I am going to
say may not apply.  The Elecraft K3 will manifest
similar behavior if insufficient audio is
supplied.  The internal DSP adjusts audio gain so
that full modulation results in data
modes.  Audio level is set differently in the K3
than other brands, so this may not apply.  But
check the audio set up procedures for the TS2000
to be sure its at the proper level.

Most of the newer radios have sophisticated ckts
especially if they convert to digital processing.  Just a wild guess.

Also wonder if there is any dynamic gain ckts in
the Signal-Link?  But if audio level looks good
at the output of the Signal-Link then it suggests
its a problem in the TS2000.  One other thing to
check is if you have the radio in the correct configuration for digital modes.

GL
73, Ed - KL7UW

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com