[Moon-Net] TS-2000X Question

Paul Andrews w2hro.fn20 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 05:49:12 CET 2016

EME'ers,

I know that the TS-2000X is a popular radio in the EME community, so
this is a great place to ask a question.

I interfaced my SignaLink audio interface to the ACC2 port for audio
in / audio out / PTT.   WJST interfaces to the SignaLink and the
SignaLink keys the radio via PTT and audio tones are transmitted.
Receive audio from the SignaLink is sent to WSJT and JT65 traces are
decoded easily.

Now the issue:  When the TS-2000X is keyed to transmit, the transmit
power ramps up smoothly for 2 to 3 seconds before full output is
reached.  If I enable the TX audio monitor feature - the JT65 audio
tones are also ramped up at the same rate.

This issue is only observed on SSB.  FM TX Power is immediate.  CW TX
Power is immediate.

Any ideas?  Please tell me that this is normal for the TS-2000 or TX
Power Ramp is a feature in a secret menu.  Has anyone seen this issue
with there TS-2000?

73 - Paul - W2HRO