[Moon-Net] IQ+ MAP 65 TEST & CONCLUSION

serge ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 6 16:39:10 CET 2016

Dear friends
I know by now most of you are bored to tears with this THREAD. So this is for the folks who have the same problem as i do but were afraid to asked.
With the help of some of the most famous EME GURUS i proceeded  doing the following test that THEY suggested.

1)  50 ohms dummy load on the IQ+ INPUT    FLOOR NOISE 5DB ON  MAP65

2)  ANTENNA CONNECTED   (IQ+ TO SPLITTER LNA ON)    22DB WITH ELEVATION OF 15 DEGREES IN THE CLEAR OVER THE OCEAN

3)  ANTENNA CONNECTED   (IQ+ to SPLITTER LNA OFF)  FLOOR NOISE  5DB  ON MAP65

CONCLUSIONS: THE 16DB required are barley enough 22db -5db floor noise =16db RF GAIN & very often depending on the AZ/EL   it can go down to -19db -5db = 14db RF GAIN well below of what is required. So I will have to work on increasing the RF GAIN to the IQ+. I guess if i took out the splitter i would probably gain 2 or 3db but i do not want to do that.

I want to thank Leif SM5BSZ, Conrad PA5Y, ED KL7EW for their help:)
Serge VE1KG