[Moon-Net] IQ+ PREAMP GAIN NEEDED

serge ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Thu Nov 3 21:36:33 CET 2016

Les i have private emails of people who have the same problem as i have with the IQ+ & MAP65.  i am not alone.
My system is very simple: Preamp to a 90 FT of over kill coax & a Splitter one side goes to IQ+ the other side goes to my 40 years old transceiver. That is it.
My system works VERY well i am just intrigued why MAP65 & IQ+ does not decode as well as WSJT & My 40 years old receiver that is all.
I will do the test that Leif suggested & i will have a better idea on what is going on.. Some people have added small rf amplifiers to make up for the losses & to get enough gain to the IQ+.
I do not use Linrad it is above my level of comprehension so i accept the fact that i have reached my level of incompetence. Having said that even with my somewhat messy set up as you described it I do not miss too much off the moon.
See you off the moon hopefully
73 Serge VE1KG