[Moon-Net] IQ+ PREAMP GAIN NEEDED

Roger Shultz nj2r at verizon.net
Thu Nov 3 20:55:03 CET 2016

Less costly I agree but unless you are going to always be in call to manage Linrad then it doesn't seem like there is any advantage.  Both Serge and I as you do too have and need the transceiver for transmit and I think we all run Trakbox.  I set frequency by clicking on MAP65 and I transmit from there even if I'm decoding on the TS2K/WSJT side.  It works fine and I have at least 26 db gain including losses.

Having more antenna gain of course ahead of the preamp makes the system work better.  I saw the improvement when I went from the 2 M2's to the 4 LFA's and now back to the 2 JXX antennas though the latter work very well.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone