[Moon-Net] IQ+ PREAMP GAIN NEEDED

Les Listwa llistwa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:22:38 CET 2016

Serge,

There is a less costly alternative to running WSJT and Map-65 at the same
time, especially in your case where you are horizontal only and can not
 take advantage of adaptive polarization.  Right now you are using your
Icom for WSJT and the fabulous IQ+ for Map-65 and its  a complicated mess,
with a splitter, an addtional relay(?),  and coax  adding additional
losses, which requires more gain from the preamp, which you dont have
unless you replace it.

Learning from W3SZ,  I  use my IQ+ to "drive"  both Map-65 and WSJT at the
same time using the magic of Linrad and VAC with the help Trackbox for
frequency control. No 2nd receiver or additional hardware needed.

73
Les
W2LPL