[Moon-Net] How many people QRV on 432MHz

Ted Hartson awombat at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 3 20:12:23 CET 2016

Hi Steve --I hope you mean 325 Watts to the dummy load you will recall
that power above 50 Watts in Arizona requires a Waiver of the Government
restriction seen in Footnote US7 in Part 2.106 of the Code of Federal
Regulations  The 50 W restriction continues to apply to all of Arizona
and Florida as well as parts of several other states, including
California, Nevada, Massachusetts, Alaska, North Dakota, Alabama,
Georgia and South Carolina. Exceptions to the power limit must be
expressly authorized by the FCC after mutual agreement, on a
case-by-case basis, between the FCC District Director in the applicable
district and the Military Area Frequency Coordinator at the applicable
military base. , further expanding the 50 W maximum output power
restriction in place for the 420-450 MHz band in the US Southwest. (The
applicable Part 97 Amateur Service rule is §97.303, which incorporates
§2.106 by reference.) At least one such Waiver was held by Charlie
Justinak W7GBI (sk) Some where I have the actual document in his logs
that I inherited at his passing.

Ted WA8ULG