[Moon-Net] SPIDs

serge ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Wed Nov 2 14:34:33 CET 2016

Hi! Bill & all
I have the AZ spid rotor & get the power from the controller. What ever that
is. It is often off 1 degree or 2. For 144Mhz it is not critical with 4X17.
When I see the moon on my camera I re calibrate. I also have a spot at my MR
& MS to check my calibration. I would imagine for microwave EME that may not
be good enough. As to elevation i use a Jack screw which is off 3 degrees
all the time so i add 3 degrees to all my elevation readings & voila!!!!
Serge VE1KG