[Moon-net] 23cm EME 'little pistol' ( Re: 2.4m dish)

Bergonti, Sergio Sergio.Bergonti at lamresearch.com
Mon Sep 29 10:29:43 CEST 2008

Szigy,
You seem to give up on 23cm too fast. In the present days and in my
opinion 23cm it is still the 'Queen' band for microwave EME, considering
uwaves starting from 1GHz and above. And yes, gladly other higher bands
are getting well populated too.  Be sure that there are a bunch of
stations, me included, working with small antennas and thus
monitoring/optimizing the station almost constantly.  Just to give you
and example I am active on 10GHz with my 3.5 meters mesh dish which has
an efficiency of about 8% due to mesh bumps (hail) and surface accuracy,
I like to consider myself as a 'yagi' station on 3cm, 20W of power, big
challenge to work me. Additionally I feel like moon-net is a great
resource to stay in contact with other hams to share and learn
experiences which are normally quite constructive, ok maybe not all of
them sometimes.  And sometimes the discussions HAVE to be held in
'technocrat' terms, since we use technological instruments, but you
shouldn't get too scared about that.  So give it a try, I am pretty sure
that you'll get across again to people with 'balls' and find lots of
satisfaction. No doubts.

CU on 23

Sergio IK2MMB