[Moon-net] 23cm EME 'little pistol' ( Re: 2.4m dish)

Edward Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Sep 28 22:14:16 CEST 2008

I will be interested to hear if we understand
Sigh, correctly.  I think he was commenting that
too much we focus on the equipement and technical
capacities and forget the operator skills in the
"formula".  This is probably more in evidence for
working the QRP station.  I have some experience
as a 2m QRP station, so am well aware of
this.  This is one reason for my trying to build
a little above the minimum station on
23cm.  Making progress on the 4.9m dish.  We will
eventially have close to 300w at the feedhorn.  I
am guessing that we may be QRV by early November
with 60w.  The sspa will come after hopefully in
not too much time (the 300w PA is a kit which will be delivered mid-October)).

So I hope to return the favor of many qso's with
QRO 2m stations by providing some 23cm contacts
with some of the 2.4m stations (hopefully).
23cm project webpage: http://www.kl7uw.com/eme1296.htm

73 Ed - KL7UW