[Moon-net] 23cm EME 'little pistol' ( Re: 2.4m dish)

Szigy yo2is at wa7v.ampr.org
Sun Sep 28 19:22:34 CEST 2008

From: YO2IS

      Hello from KN05ps,
  Was pleased to read so many interesting advices
 regarding the use of small deep dishes for 23cm EME.
  Being one of the happy users of a minimal setup
 for 23cm EME, still not yet completly optimised, am
 still far away from the satisfactions of my first
 70cm EME activity, very well publicised in the 90's.
  It seems I have already lost the top of interest
 for 23cm EME, its a matter of fashion. Mostly the
 same hams do migrate slowly to higher frequencies.
  EME-ers are getting older and are not anymore happy
 to dig out from the noise the QRP signals...and then
 eventualy to answer the received QSL's. ( QSL always
 a TROPHY to show for the QRP-ers everywhere !)
  Just wonder if anyone is going to beat DL9KR's DXCC
 70cm CW and put up a goal for an analog DXCC on 23cm ?,
 once again CONGRATS Jan !.
  Always technocrats put in front the setup, the bigger
 the better, rarely have read about the skils needed
 for top EME op's, they will always know how to handle
 signals of the 'little pistols'. Bravos to SM5LE !.
  Cu agn on 160m DX next season.

     73 & DX, Szigy.