[Moon-net] [moon-net] 2.40m dish

Greg Drzyzga na4n at hughes.net
Fri Sep 26 20:34:35 CEST 2008

Phil   FR5DN,

I started with a 10 foot dish, made quite a few contacts with the larger stations, but after awhile you frankly want to make new contacts. You find yourself hearing other stations but not being able to copy them 100 percent.
To upgrade from one dish size to another can be costly. If you don't do anything else, at least put up a section of tower about 8 feet high, put a 4" mast in some sort of bearing surface,  and install 2 gears around the mast one to rotate the mast and the other for the digital encoder or positioner. That way you can pretty much up grade without starting from square one. I'm using a 12 foot and now I find myself looking for something larger, at least all I need now is a larger dish.
Greg, NA4N