[Moon-net] 2.40m dish

Sergei rw3bp rw3bp at co.ru
Fri Sep 26 13:38:20 CEST 2008

Hello all,

Small 2.4m dish is a limit I can have on the roof of 18 floor building This
is because of conflict with neighbours and local authorities few years ago.
So I am forced to get maximum from my small dish.
On 23cm it is partially expanded by mesh up to 2.8m. Best result was 52 QSO
in ARRL contest 2007.
On 13cm last week-end ARRL contest I only tested some improvements in my
station. Only 9 QSOs but with good reports. Easy QSO with OM/OK1DFC. It was
not expanded 2.4m dish with new RA3AQ feed. G4DDK style LNA and 250W in
feed. Sun noise 12.5 dB at SF=68. System noise temperature better then 40K.
So with good optimized system it is possible to have a lot of QSOs on 23cm
and up even with 2.4m dish.