[Moon-net] resending answer to Phil FR5DN

SM5LE sm5le at telia.com
Fri Sep 26 10:37:45 CEST 2008

Hi
Here is what I did send to Phil as  "direct replies".
(Steve you are right ... )

Hi Phil
Yes I think it is "worth the effort".
I have 2.2 m dish and wrkd 74 stns on  CW  and 30 on JT65c (digital mode).
It is offcorse dephending on other things also , power , LNA etc.
I have wrkd with 250W and homemade 0.35 dB LNA. (from last week now 500W)
I did expand a 1.8m (SM6CKU "tropo-dish" f/d 0.4) dish , to 2.2m (ending up at f/d 0.34)  for adapt to OK1DFC septum feed.
Also I am very much EME QRV and that also help for good results ( I am retired - Hi)
Go for 23cm first , it is fun (have QRV only for two yers now).
My homepage:  http://web.telia.com/~u14901544/#SM5LE%20wrkd%20inits
and pics here : http://web.telia.com/~u14901546/home_page_no_3.htm

73 and G.L.  Sven SM5LE

... and if you are an Africa continent , you will be very popular for WAC
/Sven