[Moon-net] QRS

Edward Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Nov 4 16:29:05 CET 2008

I hope no one figures to send 60wpm CW to me on 23cm when I am
QRV.  It took me 24 years to just pass 13wpm for my General Class
License.  On 2m-eme I have run about 17wpm with computer generated CW
(much better than my "fist" with a straight key).  That is the upper
limit for me for getting the basic calls and signal reports.

Perhaps in time my copy skills will improve on CW, but If you send
25, 35, ... and higher it will just lead to my asking for lots of repeats.
I understand that "conditions" can determine that some speeds work
better and I can adjust my sending speed.  The pre-scripted computer
CW can also be modified for shorter or abrieviated exchange.

Well, I guess I will see how it goes.  We expect delivery of the
linear actuators on Wed. and the main bearing hopefully by Fri.  This
should allow all the assembly of the dish mount this coming weekend
so that the 4.9m dish may be installed by a boom truck during next week.

73, Ed - KL7UW
50-years as a Ham: Nov. 11, 1958 - 2008