[Moon-net] QRS

Bergonti, Sergio Sergio.Bergonti at lamresearch.com
Tue Nov 4 09:58:33 CET 2008

Ok Russ,
Yeah, I think speed has to be appropriate, sometimes one can fly at 60,
with another station or in different condx one has to adapt for best
efficiency to get a qso done at any other slower speed.  Regarding RST
that makes sense, it is up to the sensibility of the operator to judge
if it is the case to struggle again to get an RST thru the other station
or maybe decide for a safer 'O'.

Regarding the length of the exchanges, that is also true, I personally
tend to somewhat 'tailor' the length of the exchange to the intensity of
the signal for both pleasure. Also if I haven't heard a station for a
long I like to spend a bit more time, how can I explain this... CW it is
still an 'alive' mode so it can carry some emotions (I think).  In a
more practical way I guess that the success of 23cm or EME in general,
has brought a lot of new team/operators and some of them strictly follow
the 'official' EME qso format.  Perhaps they just need a bit more
practice, also handling RSTs...

Regs

Sergio IK2MMB