You forgot to mention…If you’ve ‘worked it before’ please don’t call saying
‘this is the second time’ or, U.K. callers in particular having a rag chew
in a a pile up! 73’s and enjoy the trip!
On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 at 22:43, Lance, W7GJ <w7gj(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello 6M DXERS!
Well, it has been a hectic last couple weeks, but the following steps have
checked off for the month-long DXpedition:
1. Obtain Pfizer third dose "booster shot"
2. Obtain flu shot
3. Meet with Missoula County Health Travel nurse to review necessary
obtain shots still needed (typhoid)
4. Obtain ETIS entry authorization and pay for Covid test monitoring while
5. Reserve space and pay for air freight to ship excess baggage from
Rimatara and Tahiti to Hiva Oa
6. Take Covid test 72 hours before departure
7. Clean house for house sitters from Oregon and explain operation of the
house to them
8. Complete packing list for customs with weights and locations of all
equipment being brought into the country
9. Load (4) 23kg pieces of baggage with equipment into car
10. Load 5 kg allowable carry-on with clothes and food into car
11. Load wearable fishing vest with 5 kg of manuals, cell phone, camera,
cords, logbook, travel documentation, ham license for FO, approval to
import all the
itemized ham equipment, into car
12. Airline tickets, passport, vaccination record, sworn statement to
Covid Requirements since Covid test, ETIS documents, credit card, XPF
in neck pouch
13. Confirm lodging in Rimatara in the Austral Islands and Hiva Oa in the
14. Advise credit card company of travel dates to and from French Polynesia
Assuming that #7 above results in a NEGATIVE test result and I obtain this
Monday (tomorrow) night so I can present the results to get a boarding
pass, I will
leave the house at 0400 local time Tuesday morning to head to the airport.
update - hopefully - will be from an airport while I am en-route to Tahiti.
I have packed a "GPS puck" to set the computer clock if/when there is no
available. However, I hope to have some internet access from the station
Hiva Oa, and at least occasional internet access from a location near the
location in Rimatara. I also will attempt to purchase a Vini SIM data card
cell phone before I board the plane from Tahiti to Rimatara, to be able to
WiFi hotspot of my own at the station.
Fingers crossed all goes as planned and I am able to work all who still
Austral and/or the Marquesas Islands, either by EME or ionospheric
Please be sure to review the following DXpedition pages and the links
shown on them:
TNX again for your support and patience while this challenging DXpedition
has been in
the works! More info coming...
GL and VY 73, Lance
Lance Collister, W7GJ(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX,
3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ, V6M, T8GJ, VK9CGJ, VK9XGJ, C21GJ, CP1GJ,
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
TEL: (406) 626-5728
2m DXCC #11 - 6m DXCC #815 - FFMA #7
Interested in 6m EME? Ask me about subscribing to the new Magic Band EME
email group, or just fill in the request box at the bottom of my web
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#865): https://groups.io/g/uksmg/message/865
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/86223629/252472
The opinions expressed are the opinions of the authors alone and not that
of any associated organisations or employers or hosting Internet service
providers. No material may be used in other media unless full credit is
given to the UK Six Metre Group or the credited original source of the
Group Owner: uksmg+owner(a)groups.io